Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Director of Nursing - Intensive Care Unit & Emergency Department (Clinical Director) - (FRMC)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Director of Nursing - ICU/ED (Clinical Director) leadership responsibility for all clinical, staffing, quality, and financial management for the unit(s). Ensures compliance with performance improvement process and all regulatory bodies. Ensures an effective patient care delivery system that is compliant and consistent with standards of practice. Implements strategies, processes, and standards to ensure operations support the key organizational and departmental initiatives such as quality of care, patient safety, and patient satisfaction. Promotes collegial relationships between the unit and other departments or disciplines across the hospital. Responsible for employee coaching, training, hiring, counseling/discipline, performance assessment and payroll processes.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategic plans, operational goals and objectives, and business initiatives by ensuring department/unit contribution and alignment. Demonstrates strategic thinking in planning, implementing and evaluating programs tied to future growth of the clinical operations, development of new product lines, and revenue enhancement. Develops and executes short- and long-term goals for the department consistent with established organizational goals and objectives.
- Effectively and efficiently manages bed and patient placement by coordinating patient throughput. Ensures appropriate and safe staffing levels. Oversees contract labor, including appropriate credentialing, orientation and evaluation. Effectively allocates and evaluates department work, and provides leadership and follow through to ensure that patient care is delivered in a timely, efficient manner. Creates a safe work environment that fosters respect and positive morale. Responsible for hiring, firing, training, annual performance evaluations and competencies, and disciplinary process.
- Monitors and analyzes financial performance, identifying developing trends in the utilization of space, supplies, staff and / or other resources to ensure the financial success of the department. Independently analyzes the usage of funds by source and implements solutions or alternatives that could potentially reduce the overall operating expenses.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies/procedures, laws, regulatory agency requirements, codes of practice, and organizational work standards (service, quality and safety standards). Effectively develops unit/department operational policies and procedures. Maintains records related to operations and services that are complete, accurate, available, and in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Develops and maintains quality improvement activities and recommends / implements changes as appropriate. Assumes responsibility for quality assurance data and participates in the collection and evaluation of quality improvement data. Monitors internal controls and seeks to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Assures high patient satisfaction and serves as a role model for excellent service. Ensures all staff are appropriately trained and reinforces behaviors and standards among staff that lead to positive interactions with patients. Ensures timely resolution of patient complaints.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing required. Master's degree in Nursing, Business, or related field (if no, then actively in progress) required.
Minimum Experience: Four (4) years of nursing experience with a minimum of two (2) years in a leadership role in an acute care hospital required. Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize task. Understanding of patient classification and staffing requirements for the patient population. Two (2) years of Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support and AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. Nurse Manager Leader of Nurse Executive Certification (CNML or NE-BC) preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Department, ICU, ED, Clinical Director, RN Director, Nursing Director, Emergency Room, ER, ICU
Apply on company website