Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
RN - Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) - Per Diem, Variable (FRMC)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Registered Nurse is specially trained in hemodynamic monitoring and therapeutic equipment necessary to provide specialized medical and/or surgical nursing care to acute or complex, post procedure/operative patients. Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement a plan of care for post-operative patients, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines, physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists and support staff. Performs professional nursing duties that incorporate the psychosocial, psychomotor and age appropriate cognitive skills of the patient / family / significant other to assess, plan, intervene and advocate for the patient on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care. Will reevaluate patient response and outcomes, effectiveness of plan of care, and readiness for discharge and revise plan or make referrals as necessary. Acts as a role model and mentor to a variety of new graduate nurses, orientees and support staff.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Provides patient care, reviews and administers patient medications, including intravenous titrations, invasive and arterial lines, cardiac monitoring, ventilator management, treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner that meets scope of practice and standards of nursing practice. Recognizes change in patient's clinical conditions, taking appropriate action and documenting intervention. Appropriately responds and manages life threatening and emergent situations in the perioperative setting. Effectively collaborates with the health care team to intervene, and advocate as necessary. Intervenes appropriately in instances of abuse, assault or neglect, or when adequate financial or social resources are not available. Makes appropriate referrals to resolve patient issues effectively.
- Develops long and short-term goals consistent with treatment plans, standards of practice, and the plan of care, incorporating patient preference and discussing plan of care with patient. Appropriately utilizes pain management resources and other interventions to provide pain relief. Provides ongoing assessments and documents the patient's physical and psychosocial condition, as well as response to care. Reviews patient test results, identifies critical results, and communicates in a timely manner consistent with the condition of the patient and correlates information into the plan of care. Consistently ensures nursing practice is evidence based, within scope of licensure and compliant with hospital wide standards of nursing care, including core measures. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Collaborates with staff, physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff. Supervises, monitors and delegates patient care activities to appropriate members of the health care team, provides effective leadership and ensures that care is safe and of high quality. Acts as a source of information and articulately responds to questions, providing resources, guidance, and education about treatment plan, plan of care, and medications. Develops and implements accurate teaching and ongoing discharge plans for transition to appropriate level of care.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited Professional School of Nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year of critical care or PACU experience or completion of a 6-week critical care training course required. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekend, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support and AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. Certified Post-Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: PACU. RN, Registered Nurse, Anesthesia, Post Care
Apply on company website