What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Prefer an individual with a EE or CE background who has experience as a teaching assistant, tutor, or similar and has strong writing skills. Experience with programming/app development and/or with statistical analysis would have additional value for secondary projects.
Primary Project: Migrate Technical Fundamentals Courses to Online Platform
value add for co-op: technical learning across all areas of FTPE, interactions with subject matter experts across multiple teams, web content development experience
- basic technical understanding across devices, test, and design (undergrad courses in semiconductors and VLSI sufficient)
- efficient communication with subject matter experts (prefer experience as a teaching assistant or similar)
- develop supporting materials for learning including links lists and assessments/application (writing skills essential; prefer experience as a teaching assistant or similar)
- Confluence development (okay to learn on the job, some experience with web content management preferred)
- sound/video recording and editing (okay to learn on the job)
In addition, there are multiple possibilities for secondary projects or additional opportunities. Assignments would depend on the individual (time and skill set) as well as most pressing organizational needs. These could be focused on tool development, analytics, or learning/development. For tool development, there are existing opportunities for dashboard, database, user interface, or system integration. For analytics, there are existing needs for data validation, KPI tracking, and automating current analysis processes. For learning/development, there are existing needs for skills mappings. Aligned additional skill sets of value include:
- Python programming (particularly Pandas and NumBy)
- PowerBI development
- database development
- user interface design
- statistics and data analysis
Requisition Number: 75764
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: [[customString7]]
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website