What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
System Engineering Lab Manager – 75913
As Lab Manager & Systems Design Engineer, you will ensure the success of multiple projects by creating a sustainable & innovative environment for our teams to deliver market leading power & performance.Your program management skills will help provide tactical structure across teams and your ability to work across those teams and bring their differing goals together will enable them to collaborate effectively. Our work encompasses the breadth and depth of Client CPU and GPU technologies to provide a challenging and supportive environment for your career growth, and to fuel your opportunity to help us engineer the Best Possible Product – and in so doing, Delight Our Customers.
- Manage Lab Space, Compute Resources, and Infrastructure support across multiple teams
- Collaborate with Facilities, IT, Safety, ESD, and other lab groups on common needs, goals, & implementations
- Support capacity planning and provide task management of lab staff
- Design, facilitate, & construct test fixtures and processes to optimize system power & performance engineering
- Manage component & equipment purchase, repair, and refurbishment across multiple projects, and maintain an inventory of common components; manage operational spending and account resolution
- Collaborate with other engineers on multiple program test & debug requirements and related activities
- Proven ability to deliver cross-functional technical deliverables
- Proven interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and project planning & execution skills.
- Independently organized, self-motivated, and data-driven
- Prior leadership role with experience in influencing others, driving for change
- Experience working in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization and multi-site environment
- Hands-on history of mechanical trouble shooting, computer board rework, and build of x86 systems
- Hands-on history of Windows and Network Administration
- Experience with gas, liquid plumbing, and cryogenic gases
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred, with 8 to 12+ years industry experience
- Austin, Texas
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website