The purpose of this position is to increase success with targeted referral resources by creating and sustaining positive relationships with same. Collaborate with Admissions Director, Leadership Team, Physicians and other Clinical staff to create a strong message of support and caring to the community and to generate referral leads.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Adhere to Unity's mission to provide compassionate, high quality healthcare and outstanding service that enhances well- being and exceeds expectations.
• Design targeted sales strategies
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of sales strategies and techniques
• Plan, organize and manage resources within prescribed timeframes (prioritize and focus)
• Prepare and present executive reports
• Develop strong, positive relationships with key referral resources.
• Identify and respond appropriately to primary client/customer needs (present, probe and persuade)
• Actively listen to physician and key non-physician referral source practice needs for hospital inpatient and outpatient services
• Demonstrate effective listening and communication skills
• Demonstrate an ability to close
• Conducts referral development and develops strategies to follow-up
• Serves as a primary liaison between the Hospital and referral sources and outside agencies
• Coordinates clinical presentations conducted by staff and outside resources to community groups when requested
• Communicates needs assessment information to Hospital Administration
• Evaluates results of marketing activities on an ongoing basis. Reports weekly to Hospital Administration
• Verbally articulate service line and product attributes
• Maintain a working knowledge of the market, changes therein, and how Unity can best interface with those who can admit patients.
• Educate the community regarding the programs and services of Unity Psychiatric Care
• Represent Unity Psychiatric Care at health fairs, vendor fairs, family support groups, senior advocacy groups, public forums and community events to create top of mind awareness for Unity.
• Join and maintain membership in community and networking groups that provide a forum for promoting Unity Psychiatric Care.
• Host events or schedule tours at Unity for referral or potential referral resources.
• Maintain referral resources through tools to track referral contacts, outreach initiatives and effectiveness of same.
• Ensure continual contact with referral resources through visits, appointments, eblasts, emails and telephone calls.
• Develop needs assessments with referral resources and facilities to determine how Unity can partner with them to give superior care to patients/residents.
• Create presentations that can be offered to referral resource staff/teams.
• Provide the facility or referral resource with appropriate information to facilitate admissions
• Assist Admissions Manager and Clinical staff with referrals to ensure urgency in action and to maintain a good relationship with referral resources
• Possess a comprehensive knowledge of community resources
• Effectively express ideas both orally and in writing
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, business people, community leaders, professional groups, community members, colleagues, and referral sources, and upper management staff
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer programs such as: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Possess a comprehensive knowledge of brain diseases and mental illness diagnoses
• Display the ability to work with independent judgment and minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational skills
• Legal aspects of clinical practice and professional standards
• Knowledgeable and demonstrates the mission of the hospital
• Promotion of the reduction of stigma of mental illness
• Knowledgeable of the persons served and their rights
• Advocate for the needs of the persons served
Required Work Experience:
• One (1) to two (2) years' in a mental health, patient care, or geriatric setting preferred
• Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nursing license preferred
• Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
• Regional travel required
Required Computer Software/Equipment Used:
• Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to learn HRIS and/or scheduling systems
• Standard Office Equipment
• Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
• Work is typically performed in a standard office environment; well-lit; comfortable temperature controlled; above-average conversational noise is frequent
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Required Safety Expectations:
• Working safely and follow safety rules
• Report unsafe working conditions and behaviors
• Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
• Does not have direct supervisory responsibilities
• Supervisor frequently determines priorities
• Occasionally needs manager's direction due to extraordinary circumstances
Analytical Thinking: Able to gather and analyze data and reach appropriate conclusion; Solves problems in a timely manner.
Customer Service: Possesses good interpersonal skills while dealing with emotional or difficult situations; Responds promptly to customer's needs.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own decisions, actions and results; Able to maintain dependable behavior in times of crisis or complexity.
Attendance: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered; Arrives at meetings on time. Returns from lunch and breaks appropriately.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification.
Ethical Behavior: Upholds organizational values and abides by state and federal regulations; Maintains confidentiality of HIPAA information; Treats others with respect.
Initiative: Seeks increased responsibility; sets self-improvement goals linked to the organizational goals.
Job and Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of the position and industry; Seeks additional information.
Productivity and Quality of Work: Maintains high level of performance while demonstrating commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
Teamwork: Displays ease working with others; Contributes ideas and skills to team; Puts success of team above own interests.
Apply on company website