About American Health Communities (AHC)
American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit AHCseniorcare.com.
*** This opportunity is located in Goodlettsville, TN ***
The purpose of this position is to provide basic resident care in a manner conducive to the comfort and safety of residents, under the direction of the nursing staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Assist in lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, bathing, feeding, linen changes, incontinence care, etc.
- Observe residents' conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake, output, vital signs, activities of daily living, and report changes to the charge/staff nurse as soon as possible
- Completes appropriate documentation that is organized, clear, complete, current and legible
- Assist in admitting, transferring and discharging residents
- Participate and assist with recreational and therapeutic activities for residents
Required Work Experience:
- Six (6) months healthcare experience preferred
- High school diploma preferred
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant course required
- Current State Certified Nursing Assistant
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, after-hours, and week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Does not have direct supervisory responsibilities
- Nursing: Technical/other training degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Apply on company website