The position maintains overall responsibility for all clinical programs. Ensures that appropriate clinical functions are integrated within all levels of care, into the coordination of patient care activities, and across all programs. Monitors and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of services and treatments provided by the Medical Staff. Treatment prescribed to patients must be in accordance with appropriate and acceptable standards of practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Psychiatrist is to provide overall medical direction services appropriate and necessary for the Hospital including, but not limited to the following:
• Medical direction and clinical leadership for the Hospital in conformity with: (i) Hospital policies and procedures as established from time to time by the Hospital; (ii) state and federal laws and regulations including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”); and (iii) laws and regulations of all other applicable entities, including federal, state and local regulatory agencies (collectively, the "Regulatory Agencies")
• Participate in, serve as treatment team leader, and attend treatment team meetings in order to assist in coordinating the clinical activities performed at the Hospital and the administrative tasks associated with such clinical activities
• Assist in developing and implementing quality treatment programs, critical pathways, clinical programs and modalities to meet the needs of the Hospital and its patients
• Assist in supervising the Hospital's compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, CMS, the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities, and the Tennessee Department of Health;
• Monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of services and treatment provided by the medical, nursing and other clinical staff including, but not limited to, the need for restraints, seclusion, physical holds and medications
• Conduct periodic evaluations of the adequacy and appropriateness of the services provided at the Hospital and assist Hospital with respect to selection and acquisition of equipment, outside vendors, supplies and support services. It is expressly understood, however, that the final authority for all matters concerning the selection and acquisition of equipment, outside vendors, supplies and support services shall lie solely with Hospital which shall have full and final discretion in all such matters
• Assist Hospital with the training and in-service education of clinical and nursing staff for the Hospital including current technologies and treatment modalities, and in the development of job standards and policies for such persons
• Assist in developing, coordinating and participating in continuing education and in-service training programs for the Hospital's staff
• Act as a representative and goodwill ambassador for the Hospital to patients, families, practitioners and other members of the community and to promote their satisfaction with the Hospital's services
• Collaborate and cooperate with the Hospital to address in a timely manner patient satisfaction issues identified by patients, families, staff and/or referral sources
• Actively participate in any regulatory or accreditation survey as requested by the Hospital
• Assist in direct medical services as necessary in any medical emergency
• Provide all services in a non-discriminatory manner without distinction or regard to race, age, gender, color, religion, national origin, or disability
• Perform such other duties as may from time to time be agreed to by the Medical Director and Hospital
• Provides leadership and critical thinking
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Organized and diligent
• Comfortable with technology and able to work well independently
• Good judgment in prompt, accurate and creative diagnoses of patient symptoms and coordination of patient care
• Knowledge of general legal aspects of clinical practice and professional standards
• Knowledgeable of and demonstrates the mission of the Hospital
• Promotion of the reduction of stigma of mental illness
• Knowledgeable of the persons served and their rights
• Advocate for the needs of persons served
Required Work Experience:
• M.D./D.O. Degree. Completed 3rd year of Approved Psychiatry Residency. Fellowship training as needed
• M.D./D.O. Degree. Completed 3rd year of Approved Psychiatry Residency. Fellowship training as needed.
• Board Certified/American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and/or certification of the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry. Licensed in applicable state.
• Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
• Travel required
Required Computer Software/Equipment Used:
• Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Standard Office Equipment
• Work is indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
• Patient care environment with potential exposure to blood and bodily fluids which may carry infection, to infectious disease, and to chemical and electrical hazards.
• Patient care environment requiring crisis prevention due to violence, behavior disorders, and mental illness
Required Safety Expectations:
• Working safely and follow safety rules
• Report unsafe working conditions and behaviors
• Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
• Does not have supervisory responsibilities
Analytical Thinking: Able to gather and analyze data and reach appropriate conclusion; Solves problems in a timely manner.
Customer Service: Possesses good interpersonal skills while dealing with emotional or difficult situations; Responds promptly to customer's needs.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own decisions, actions and results; Able to maintain dependable behavior in times of crisis or complexity.
Attendance: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered; Arrives at meetings on time. Returns from lunch and breaks appropriately.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification.
Ethical Behavior: Upholds organizational values and abides by state and federal regulations; Maintains confidentiality of HIPAA information; Treats others with respect.
Initiative: Seeks increased responsibility; sets self-improvement goals linked to the organizational goals.
Job and Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of the position and industry; Seeks additional information.
Productivity and Quality of Work: Maintains high level of performance while demonstrating commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Psychology: PhD degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Medical Doctor
Apply on company website