Job ID: 405731 Certified Medical Assistant - Family Practice Hinsdale, Illinois Regular / Rotating Apply Now
We Are Hiring
Medical Asst-Cert - PC FM Hinsdale 911 Elm Ste 123 - Full-Time,Rotating - 911 N. Elm Street - Hinsdale,IL
Looking for these hours currently
Saturday 7:45-1 - flexibility on Saturday rotation may be available.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toAssists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcare Association (NHA) or American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) also accepted.
High school diploma or GED required
Medical Assistant school/degree preferred
Previous Family Practice experience preferred
Experience with blood draws, vaccines, injections, EKG.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Share: Apply Now
Apply on company website