Job ID: 373467 Nurse Practitioner- Palliative Care - Full-Time - Days - Chicago - Travel Required Mount Prospect, Illinois Regular / Day Apply Now
We Are Hiring
APRN-Nurse Pract-Presc Authori - Palliative Care 001 - Full-Time,Day - Rainbow Hospice - Mount Prospect,IL
Travel required within the city of Chicago and surrounding areas.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toIn collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Master's degree of Nursing required
- Hospice and Palliative care preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Share: Apply Now
Apply on company website