Job ID: 384182 Patient Care Technician- In-House Float Pool- Full Time Days Chicago, Illinois Regular / Day Apply Now
We Are Hiring
Looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Patient Care Tech for our In-House Float Pool (full time days, 7a-7p with rotating weekends). Our In-House Float Pool supports units within Resurrection Medical Center in Northwest Chicago near O'Hare Airport. Resurrection Medical Center is a 354-bed hospital. A comprehensive, modern health care provider with state-of-the-art facilities and services, including an Outpatient Services Center, an expansive Radiology and Imaging Center, and a Professional Office Building.
Why Join AMITA?
Join our mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus through the care we provide our patients and their families. Through our in-house Float Pool unit, you will be able to support our staff in providing quality care and learn every day, while working along a great team supporting different units. We offer competitive benefits along with a Sign-on Bonus of $1,500 for those qualified candidates.
What You Will Do
You will have the opportunity to perform basic clinical patient care, assist nursing staff with complex patient care and procedures, and work along with a diverse interdisciplinary team to help our patients through their recovery.
- Aids with admission and discharging of patients.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities.
- Taking and reporting vitals and point of care testing.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Responsible for keeping patient rooms clean and orderly as well as maintaining medical equipment.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Nursing student who has completed on semester of medical surgical nursing is also acceptable.
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Intermediate or Advanced also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED required
- C.N.A certification highly preferred.
- Experience with EPIC a plus.
- Experience in an acute setting preferred.
If you like a challenging, fast pace yet fun environment, then this is for you. Apply now!
This role is eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements and subject to the term. Current and former associates of six months or less are not eligible.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Share: Apply Now
Apply on company website