Job ID: 358844 Physician, Oncology Chicago, Illinois Regular / Day Apply Now
We Are Hiring
Physician - Dr Thomas Med Oncology PSMEMC - Full-Time - Presence St Mary Chicago - Chicago, IL
AMITA Health/Presence Health are seeking talented BC/BE Hematology Oncology physician for an outstanding employment opportunity to join collegial practice in Chicago. This full-time position is at very busy clinic supporting Presence Saint Mary's and Elizabeth Medical Center. Spanish speaking a plus.
Bread and butter general oncology
Walk into full office schedule from day one
Brand new outpatient clinic just steps from hospital
Access to state-of-art technology/equipment
Substantial built in referral base in high growth area
Initial base salary PLUS production component with robust benefits including: CME funds, health, life, vision, dental, disability and 403b Retirement plan
We Are Hiring
Physician - Dr Thomas Med Oncology PSMEMC - Full-Time,Day - Presence St Mary Chicago - Chicago,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Share: Apply Now
Apply on company website