Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Location: Pasadena, CA
Accounting clerk will report to the credit union controller. They will be responsible for most day-to-day activities within the Accounting Department and working with all departments to ensure proper general ledger posting and balancing.
Associate's or bachelor's degree preferred and 2+ years related experience in finance/accounting within a credit union or financial institution.
Basic PC skills including, but not limited to, MS Windows and MS Word. A strong working knowledge of MS Excel and the credit union core system, Symitar, is preferred. A high level of professionalism, a true desire to “help others” and a knack at problem solving are key essentials in this role. Must be self-motivated, able to work several simultaneous tasks, possess excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills and believe in being a team-player.
In this role, you will work with other departments including member services to ensure all entries are posted accurately and timely. A keen eye for outages and the ability to help resolve them will help you excel in this position.
Ready to put your accounting knowledge and expertise to work within a credit union that partners with its members to make their life's journey easier?
- Prepare and post daily journal entries including ATM, VISA, ACH, Member Share Drafts, etc.
- Complete daily balancing of ATM and VISA Settlements.
- Complete daily postings of loan participation and investment activity.
- Review and accurate input of Member wires within the FRB system.
- Daily review of the general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and work with other departments to correct timely.
- Weekly Accounts Payable runs as well as on-spot runs if needed.
- Perform daily reconciliation of the FRB bank account and weekly reconciliation of other bank accounts.
- Assist Controller with expense review, budget preparation and budget vs. actual monthly reviews.
- Assist Controller with preparation of quarterly reporting's including NCUA Call Report and FR2900.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver's license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Apply on company website