Job Title: Field Technician
Location: Columbia, SC
Anistar Technologies is seeking a Field Technician to perform maintenance/installation of two way radios, base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, wireless broadband devices, and CCTV equipment.
Familiarity with antennas, necessary cabling and grounding, and GPS equipment
Demonstrate proficiency with installation of mobile and fixed wireless radio equipment consistent with manufacturer and company guidelines
Remove and re-install OEM vehicle interior trim
Install electrical wiring, connect electrical fittings, drill holes, soldering and perform all physical tasks associated with modifying vehicles for the acceptance of emergency-related equipment
Develop wiring routes throughout the vehicle for the most efficient wiring path and enable future replacement and/or troubleshooting
Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment as necessary
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 2+ years' Service Technician experience in diagnosing, repairing, programming, and installing Motorola equipment in the 2-way radio wireless and /or communication field.
- Knowledge/understanding of 2-way radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
P25 system and/or Motorola TRBO experience (preferred).
- Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, multicouplers and duplexers, basic TCP/IP principles and NIC programming.
- Proficiency in setup and program routers and switches, set up VLAN's and VPN's
- Operate various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, watt meters, TDR's, FDR's, and multi-meters.
- Knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment at the component level.
- Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
- 2-year Associate degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- CET Certification
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment.
- Provide hands-on and oversight of communications equipment and hardware installation such as base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, wireless broadband devices, and CCTV equipment.
- Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
- Service accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
Apply on company website