Job Title: NDI Technician
Location: Wallops Island, VA
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The NDI Technician inspects aircraft, aircraft components and support equipment for structural integrity using nondestructive inspection methods and analyzes engine oil for wear metal debris.
- Performs maintenance on aircraft, including avionic and mechanical aircraft systems/sub-systems
- Determines NDI test methods using applicable technical orders.
- Prepares parts for inspection; interprets and evaluates indications on aircraft and support equipment using magnetic particle, ultrasonic, eddy current, digital radiography, liquid penetrant and other emerging technologies.
- Performs pre-flight and post-flight aircraft maintenance as assigned.
- Prepares engine samples for wear metal analysis and evaluates test results.
- Handles, labels and disposes of hazardous materials and waste according to federal, state and local environmental standards.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Use NASA's automated maintenance data system (NAMIS) to maintain equipment records. Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- Possess knowledge in the use of and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- The NDI Technician may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable in the use of and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostic devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- Provides oversight and should have the ability to direct and train others in the completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Meet the requirements of ASNT-TC-1A or NAS410 level II for magnetic particle, ultrasonic, eddy current, radiographic and liquid penetrant inspection techniques.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airplane and/or Powerplant certification or special skills and/or certifications (NDI, Welding, Egress, Machining, etc.).
- 5+ years of aircraft maintenance experience with fixed wing commercial, Government or DOD aircraft required.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and MUST be able to pass drug and background checks.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Apply on company website