Job Title: Sr. Construction Manager
Location: Boston, MA
BS in Architecture, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience with at least 8 years related work experience in managing office renovations and new commercial building construction. Good technical writing, analyses and communication skills as well as be independent and resourceful. Must be proficient with Microsoft software, maintaining and interpreting construction schedules, including critical path, understanding equipment/material lead times, and interdependency of various discipline/trade tasks.
- Experience managing office renovation projects
- History of working with Government Project Managers / CORs on processing change requests, requests for information, submittals, and field observation reports.
- 10-hour OSHA construction safety training is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including writing and verbal are required. Applicant will represent the interests of the government in a professional manner and ensure quality work while maintaining good relationships with contractor as well as GSA staff.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, CADD, and Project; and uploading and transferring documents on SharePoint sites.
- Federal Government experience preferred.
Perform a variety of construction management tasks to complete renovations of a portfolio of office building renovations throughout New England.
Project management and oversight of the GSA construction projects:
- Plan on site visits for each project, to the project sites, covering:
- Attend on-site walk through with the contractor during the bid process and start-up as determined by the GSA POC;
- Project kick-off meeting for each of the GSA project sites and to interface with the building manager and/or lessor;
- Close out and acceptance of the project where project site completion is possible within the given period of performance.
- Plan on covering conference calls with the GSA PM and the local GSA project staff during initiation of the projects and during the bid process.
- Attend, and if required, conduct biweekly and monthly progress meetings to include recording and distributing progress meeting minutes
- Work with the contractor to ensure the GSA Office POC's are aware of any work being done at the GSA Facilities and help coordinate all repairs and alteration projects with GSA building manager and/or lessor.
- Provide updates to the drawings, specifications, budget and schedules as changes occur.
- Establish a Schedule for the site visits during construction/installation of the security equipment.
- Provide Individual Site Issue reports and updated project schedules
- Prepare cost estimates for new projects and contract change orders
- Inspect construction Contractor's work for progress, quality and conformance with contract documents and applicable local standards.
- Manage and process technical and administrative submittals and RFIs.
- Assist the Government through development of change order documents, sketches, and cost estimates as required.
- Complete all reporting requirements as required, including field reports and photographs, meeting minutes, tracking Record Drawings, and review and verification of Contractor close-out requirements.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver's license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Apply on company website