Job Title: System Administrator
Location: Riverdale, MD
Job Responsibilities/ Activities:
- Install new / rebuild existing physical and virtual servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, monitor Nagios and update monitors as needed.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up. Verify completion of scheduled backup jobs to local storage and replication to remote storage.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted end user communities.
- Apply OS/application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance, system and application tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Monitor virtual computing environment, servers, virtual machines, data stores, networks. Perform application and firmware updates as required.
What is the primary mission of this role?
- The main function is to support and maintain Software and Hardware COTS used on the program. Daily activities and deliverables are outline under Job Responsibilities/ Activities.
- Is this for a project or is this role for Raytheon internal infrastructure? Project – EED-2
- How is will the contractor's success be measured? Quantifiable measurements Ability to independently perform the Job Responsibilities/ Activities successfully in the same amount of time as other System Admin on the team.
- Department Culture: Will this contractor be working in a collaborative team environment or as an independent contributor? Collaborative Team environment in an agile setting under the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Desired Skill Sets:
- Certification in Red Hat Enterprise (RHCE), Oracle Enterprise Linux (Linux Administrator OCA), or Linux Foundation Linux Certification (LFCE). RHCE is preferred.
- Experience with Postgres and/or MySQL
- Experience with Quantum tape storage products and StorNext software
- Experience with Linux system performance monitoring and tuning
- Network administration experience • Experience with establishing and supporting operational systems using AWS Management Console and Services
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
- Experience supporting software development teams, tools, and processes
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo) Required Skill Sets:
- Must have experience automating tasks using scripting languages (e.g., shell, Perl, Python)
- Must have knowledge of core system and security applications and protocols such as basic TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, NIS/NFS, LDAP.
- Must have knowledge of Web service platforms such as Apache, iPlanet, Tomcat, Ruby on Rails
- Must have knowledge of storage volume management, storage area networks, and filesystems.
- Must have experience with network backup software. EMC Networker is preferred.
- Must have proven understanding of high availability, data/system replication, and disaster recovery methodologies in the system and database spaces.
- Must have knowledge of VMWare virtualization.
- Must have fundamental understanding and working skills in analyzing and correcting application and network anomalies.
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator (Red Hat or CentOS Linux 6 or 7)
- Candidate must have the ability to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries (NACI) screening.
Education Level Required: Bachelor's
Years of Experience Required (if any): 8
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver's license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Apply on company website