Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Full-Time. Employed, private practice.
AP Health is a private practice comprised of advanced practice providers. We provide perioperative services to hospitals, surgeons, and surgery centers. We partner with hospitals to offer service line coverage with highly trained and knowledgeable advanced practice providers to perform history & physicals (H&Ps), inpatient care, and first assist in surgery.
AP Healths division of Cardiothoracic Surgery is seeking a senior level, highly experienced Physician Assistant to join our team in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The candidate will work alongside other APPs from AP Health to provide service line coverage. A successful candidate must have 3 to 5 years experience in endoscopic vein harvesting and cardiac surgery. This is an exciting opportunity to join a distinguished team that delivers top tier care. The position would allow the chosen applicant to first assist in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, perform endoscopic vein harvesting, and provide pre and post op management of cardiac, vascular, and thoracic surgery patients in the ICU, and stepdown units. This is an inpatient only position. There are no outpatient clinic requirements. After hours call is for the CVOR only.
This is NOT a travel, locum, placement, or per diem position. AP Health is not a recruitment company.
If you have a passion for patient-centered care, willingness to work in a fast-paced atmosphere and strive for clinical excellence, come join our team today! For more information, send your resume or inquires to email@example.com.
Reports to the Director of Clinical Operations
- First assisting in surgery for cardiac, thoracic, and vascular cases
- Endoscopic Vein Harvesting (EVH)
- Daily inpatient rounds in ICU and stepdown units
- Rotating weekend and night CVOR call coverage
- 3 to 5 years experience in Endoscopic Vein Harvesting (EVH) and Cardiac Surgery
- Florida State License
- Board-certified Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with RNFA
- Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant School
- Demonstrates a passion for making a positive difference in patient care
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to obtain hospital privileges
- Medical, dental and vision benefits, short and long-term disability, basic and supplemental life
- 401K retirement plan with company matching
- Participation in the companys Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Company paid state license, malpractice, and other agreed upon licenses and dues
- Tuition Reimbursement
- $1500 company paid annual allotment for Continuing Medical Education in addition to 3 days of paid non-work time?
Excellence at Work:
AP Health is a certified Great Place to Work- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience.
Apply on company website