We are Hiring and Offer Sign-On and Safety Bonuses!
Candidates wishing to be considered for the Diesel Mechanic opportunity must have a minimum of 2 years of prior experience with truck repairs, a high school diploma or GED, completed a credited training school for diesel repair and completed a FMCSA brake and annual inspection course under appendix G of the Federal Motor Carrier regulations. The ideal candidate will possess a valid driver's license and a Class B with air brake CDL license.
- Maintain and repair diesel and gasoline powered vehicles.
- Diagnose, test, adjust, and repair systems of heavy and light duty diesel, gasoline and propane powered vehicles.
- Examine, test drive, and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems using standard testing procedures and computer diagnostic equipment.
- Perform repairs and replace defective parts.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services according to company policy and manufacturer's specifications.
- Maintain records of repairs and preventative maintenance and DVIR's into the Company's computer system.
- Perform other general shop duties as required by the Fleet Manager, such as housekeeping, party and inventory stocking.
- Will respond to any such road call for disabled vehicles as required by the Fleet Manager or Shop Supervisor.
- Keep their work area hazard-free.
- Spends most time indoors.
- Possible exposure to distraction/uncomfortable noise levels and vibration of body or extremities.
- Risk of bodily injury from mechanical parts, electricity, etc.
- Possible exposure to fumes, odors, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions and effectively complete tasks is required.
- Analytical thinker, with the ability to problem solve is a must.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in a Team atmosphere.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior experience with truck repairs.
- Valid Driver's License
- Class B with air brake CDL License
- A high school diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repairs of general and advanced nature.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring heavy physical effort occasionally in inclement weather.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods and practices of engine repair, mechanical and electrical systems and maintenance under the FMCSA appendix G of the regulations
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to use and navigate a computer system.
- Competitive Salary - Negotiable based on experience.
- Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays.
- Individual and Family Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options.
- 401K Retirement Planning Options.
- Life Insurance Options.
- Tool and Boot Allowance.
- Stable Work Year-Round.
- Great Management Team.
- Room for growth within the Organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply to this job