Job Title: Garbage Truck Driver – Residential
We are looking for a safety-conscious truck driver to join our team.
Our drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a rear loading trash truck on municipal surface streets and alleyways. A driver must be able to follow a map and/or route sheet and be able to update their supervisor on an ongoing basis of daily progress. A driver must provide courteous customer service and be capable of communicating clearly with customers, dispatchers and supervisors. Get in and out of the truck multiple times per day to empty waste containers and lift objects. Perform pre-trip and post-trip commercial vehicle inspections and fill out daily federally mandated reports and complete daily route paperwork completely and accurately. Keeps truck cab and body clean according to company standards and works other duties as assigned.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Perform complete Pre-Trip and Post-Trip inspections on commercial motor vehicles as required by company policy and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations.
- Review daily paperwork to determine and understand expectations for each day's work.
- Follow route maps, routes sheets, hazard identifications and instructions to successfully complete routes each service day safely and efficiently. Report daily progress to the route supervisor throughout the service day.
- Operate the equipment lawfully and in accordance with all company policies, regulations, standards and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies, standards and procedures.
- Inspect collection vehicle throughout the day to ensure safe efficient operation and not cause damage to property or equipment.
- Complete and submit appropriate paper work and reports properly and on time as required. This includes route sheets, time records, maintenance reports, and Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIRs).
- Report all accidents, injuries and property damage immediately.
- Residential Refuse Drivers are required to get out of the cab as needed to assist the helper with loading material into the collection truck.
- Observe and ensure the safety and health of the helper to the extent possible.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds plus items throughout a typical 10-hour shift.
- Clean up any spilled waste that occurs during the collection operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- This work is typically performed outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, snow, cold, rain and wind.
- Theemployee is frequently exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease and foul odors.
- The employee is exposed to moving automobile traffic while working outside of the truck.
- The work requires the use of personal protective equipment including but not limited to gloves, boots and high visibility clothing. Some PPE is provided on a quarterly basis (including gloves, high visibility vests and winter wear) by the employer. A boot allowance will be provided every six months.
- Candidates for this position must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Drivers must possess a clean Class B or higher Commercial Driver's License with an air brake endorsement
- A minimum of 2 years driving experience, and a valid DOT medical card.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in the English language both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to work Mondays through Fridays and Saturdays when scheduled.
- Must be ready, willing and able to report to work prepared for the day at the scheduled time.
- All driver positions are subject to DOT pre-employment, post-accident, random, and reasonable suspicion drug testing as required by FMSCA 49 CFR part 40.
- Competitive Salary - Negotiable based on experience.
- Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options.
- 401K Retirement Planning Options.
- Life Insurance Options.
- Stable Work Year-Round.
- Great Management Team.
- Room for growth within the Organization!
Job Type: Full-time
Apply to this job