The Business Development Team at Applied is key to driving profitable growth for the organization through the development and execution of Applied's worldwide acquisition strategy. The Business Development Analyst is a vital position within the group that works collaboratively across functions (Legal, Human Resources, Finance, etc.) to identify and evaluate acquisition opportunities. From there, you'll assist with the process from identification through acquisition and into integration making this a true, full life-cycle role.
You will be helping to create and carry out the strategic vision of the company as it relates to our continued growth. You may be in a Boardroom one minute, pitching the next big venture to the Board of Directors and Senior Leaders, and then working on integration and synergy strategies the next. You will work diligently to provide Leadership with needed insight to drive sound decision-making around this process.
You will immerse yourself in the industrial distribution arena to evaluate acquisition opportunities across current markets and those of tomorrow. Networking with internal parties and inserting their feedback into the process will be of the utmost importance. Simply put, your quantitative, critical thinking, and overall business skills will be put to the most rewarding test as you add directly to the bottom line and make a true impact.
- Develop a deep understanding of industrial distribution; including customers, supply chains, competitors and global market dynamics to assist in uncovering profitable growth opportunities.
- Lead or participate in the post-acquisition performance management process and management review sessions.
- Utilize and document “best practices” from your experience in the M&A field resulting in efficiencies, cost savings, and creative solutions around structuring options to meet strategic goals.
- Engage with leadership throughout the transaction process assisting in the development of both the business case rationale and integration action plans.
- Responsible for translating business rationale and integration strategies into executive presentation materials and be capable of delivering effective presentations as well as recommendations to Applied's senior leadership team and its Board of Directors.
- Support overall management of the M&A acquisition strategy including performing preliminary market research to assess the attractiveness of new business segments, product adjacencies and geographic expansion opportunities.
- Manage the internal M&A pipeline through the identification and screening of potential acquisition candidates which may be sourced both internally and externally, while ensuring alignment with Applied's acquisition strategy.
- Develop financial valuation models and perform scenario analysis accounting for business synergies, integration requirements and other due diligence findings to maximize post-transaction shareholder value.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business or related field; MBA or comparable experience required; Competency or coursework in finance, accounting and/or strategic planning.
- Strong financial acumen with an ability to understand and interpret financial statements is required
- The successful candidate will possess and clearly present their curiosity, intellectual agility, innate curiosity, the ability to think both critically and abstractly, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to utilize discounted cash flow, internal rate of return (IRR), LBO modeling and other valuation methodologies as well as analyzing the accretion/dilution effects of business combinations and expected ROI.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Power Point with a general familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to interface with senior leadership and provide compelling recommendations while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in all matters.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, unpredictable workloads & projects under tight deadlines. Strong organizational and project management skills required.
- Ability to travel throughout North America, sometimes on short notice.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website