Join one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio. Applied Industrial Technologies is a 19-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 best places to work in Cleveland. Headquartered in Midtown Cleveland, we are a Fortune 1000 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AIT). With $3.5 billion in annual sales we are one of the largest industrial distributors in the world.
Benefits include: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, free secured parking, onsite fitness center, cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, bonus opportunity and career development opportunities.
Our Legal Department seeks an experienced corporate paralegal with corporate law and/or securities law work experience who thrives in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing, and collaborative environment to join its team. This is a high visibility position with the opportunity to partner not only in the Legal Department but across the business and in the corporate community. This position will report to Applied's Vice President-General Counsel & Secretary.
• Support Applied's corporate lawyers with respect to corporate entity formation, qualification, trade name protection, and ongoing entity maintenance
• Support the General Counsel in working with the Board of Directors and its committees on director communications, online meeting materials, and other corporate governance processes, including the annual meeting of shareholders
• Assist with public company securities law compliance, including SEC periodic reports, Section 16 filings, and NYSE reporting
• Administer equity awards made by the Board's executive compensation committee
• Support the General Counsel in Legal Department administration, including budget preparation and reconciliation, processing bills from law firms and other department vendors
• Pursue unclaimed funds recoveries
• Drive to optimize law department technology systems
• Work closely with other members of the Legal Department and the management team to support and contribute to other projects as needed
• 6+ years' proven experience in a law firm and/or in-house public company working on corporate law matters and/or securities law compliance
• Proven ability to work with and coordinate activities at all levels within the organization
• Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently and timely, meeting deadlines
• Proven problem solving, process oriented, ability to think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems, and effectively drive issues to closure
• Ability to manage and serve a wide range of business clients by recognizing and responding quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including English grammar
• Computer knowledge, including MS Office products
• Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying Applied's enthusiastic, informal, and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast paced, fluid culture
• College degree preferred
• Board of directors related work a plus
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website