Join one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio. Applied Industrial Technologies is an 18-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 best places to work in Cleveland. Headquartered in Midtown Cleveland, we are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AIT). With $3.5 billion in annual sales we are one of the largest industrial distributors in the world.
Benefits include: health, dental, vision, 401k with company match, free secured parking, onsite fitness center, cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, bonus opportunity and career development opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Cyber Security Lead to join the Cyber Security team. This is a permanent full time employee opportunity located at our global corporate campus in Midtown, Cleveland, Ohio. However, there may be times when travel will be necessary and may include travel outside of the United States to subsidiary locations.
- Deploy, manage and maintain cyber security systems and take action to mitigate cyber security risks, vulnerabilities, and incidents.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise on a wide variety of enterprise computer and network system environments.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Serve as a key technical cyber security liaison to IT and the business and identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues. Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Coach and/or provide guidance on security topics to other associates within the enterprise.
- 4-year degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years direct hands-on experience with a wide range of cyber security & information technologies
- Cyber Certifications strongly preferred (CISSP, CISM, GIAC, etc)
- Experience with current generation of Next Gen Firewalls, intrusion prevention, end-point security, SSO, multi-factor-authentication, VPNs, encryption, MDM, vulnerability management systems, and SIEM.
- Hands on experience with different operating systems, networking technologies & services including security for cloud solutions
- Experience with implementing and managing different cyber security programs for pen testing, risk management, vulnerability management programs, and user awareness.
- Project management experience using standard methodologies
- Knowledgeable of the content and application of current information security and compliance and operational standards (NIST, ISO, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, ITIL)
- Written and verbal communications skills including English grammar. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be a security subject matter expert, to explain technical topics to those without a technical background
- Enthusiasm, innovative, motivated self-starter. Work independently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements
- Must live in Cleveland metro area. We are unable to provide relocation expenses.
- Able to travel up to 20%, including internationally.
Build a rewarding career with a global leader in industrial distribution
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website