Responsible for the performance of on-site installations and repairs, including trouble shooting hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication components, meeting Sentinel quality standards and customers' satisfaction. Responsible for communicating directly with customers regarding specifics of the job(s). Receives assignments from the Service & Repair Coordinator.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication components, at a customer's site by applying mechanical, welding, pipefitting and electrical skills with assistance from other team members and/or Field Service Technicians.
- Operates tube, hose and pipe fabrication equipment such as tube benders, cut offs, pipe threaders and hose machines.
- Operates the drill press, hand grinder, body grinder, hand drill, fork truck, pallet jack, bench grinder, hydraulic test stands, man lift equipment and other miscellaneous equipment and hand tools.
- Cleans parts in a solvent tank, reassembles the unit and tests the unit per the manufacturer's specifications.
- Performs maintenance of Field Service equipment.
- Drives a company vehicle to customer locations to perform necessary work as directed.
- Interacts with all employees to exchange information, answer questions and resolve problems.
- Follows policies and procedures as defined by the company.
- Maintains reliable and dependable work attendance.
- Not exclusive list of duties; responsible for all duties assigned.Understands and follows the Sentinel safety rules.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Two (2) years work experience in a related field
- Associates degree from a trade school (or related field)
- One (1) years work experience in a related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrates basic mechanical skills and the ability to use hand, power and trade tools
- Demonstrates knowledge of the function of hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication components
- Reads hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics
- Willing and available to work required overtime hours including Saturday and Sunday when assigned
- Ability to work out of town when needed
- Maintains a valid Driver's License
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website