Location: Newport News, VA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Business Services, Consulting
Aramark Business Dining is seeking candidates for a Catering Chef in Newport News, VA. As the Catering Chef, you will manage the catering production for this operation.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food;
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality;
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen;
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Ideal candidates will possess two to three years of post high school education, preferably a culinary degree, and two to three years in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems. Requires oral, reading and written communication skills.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- 2+ years of culinary catering management experience required.
- Cooking experience for catering events, small and large, casual and fine dining.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
Apply on company website