Responsible for providing assistance to the Director of Catering as assigned: answering telephone, complete Banquet Event Orders (BEO), answer account questions, collecting/posting payment for events, ensure catering file completed, complete thank you notes, correspondence. Complete weekly event calendars, any required correspondence to guest and to client, copy, distribute BEOs, attend BEO meetings ensuring BEOs are updated/accurate. Catering Coordinator will assist the Director of Catering during an event when required. Coordinator will work with client directly on occasion and coordinate internal catering orders delivery, set up and break down.
- Partners with the Catering manager(s) to ensure clients needs are met, completes assigned tasks.
- Gathers all pertinent information from meetings, distributes BEO or minutes
- Ensures calendars/schedules are accurate, up to date.
- Monitors deadlines and follows-up to ensure guarantees & payments are timely
- Completes tasks as assigned from Director of Catering
- Distributes BEO's to client/customer for review and signed approval. Each booking is to have a signed BEO in each file.
- Distributes all information gathered on meetings, banquets and special events to operations staff at least five (5) days in advance of the group's arrival.
- Completes & issues required correspondence – thank you notes, notices, memos,
- Greet the on-site contact, and inspects all meeting/banquet space before the start of the event ensuring that the room has been set-up properly, in accordance with the BEO's, and takes measures to adjust/correct before group's arrival in the absence of Catering Managers
- Checks-in with meeting/banquet contact periodically throughout the event to gauge needs and satisfaction in the absence of the Director of Catering/Mgrs
- Ensures each Catering file is complete/accurate and submits to Accounting accurate final billings the day following an event.
- Submits all vendor invoices with approved PO to Office Mgr on weekly basis.
- Archives old booking files within one week following an event.
- Ensures office phone coverage
- Attends and participates in all required meetings including weekly BEO meeting
- Completes assigned special projects
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
This position reports to the Director of Catering. Working hours must be flexible as events are held during the day, nights and weekends.
2-3 years special event planning or coordination experience in a Hotel, Conference Center or Banquet Site. College degree preferred but not required.
Radio, Telephone, Computer (must be proficient in Word Processing and Excel), Copier, Fax Machine
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING OCCASIONAL
Apply on company website