Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Business Services, Consulting
- Oversee catering functions and special events for internal and external clients/ groups.
- Meet with clients to determine catering requirements, floor plans, rentals, staffing for events.
- Responsible for customer booking and creating contracts.
- Work closely with Executive Chef and Catering Chef to plan menus for clients.
- Responsible for final approval of catering contracts pre-event.
- Ensure job instructions are clearly understood so that tasks are completed effectively to the client's satisfaction.
- Ensure all staff provide quality, courteous service to all customers.
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards.
- Manage catering purchases and inventory.
- Participate in Operational Reviews for Catering Department.
- Responsible for Catering Budget.
- Conduct weekly meetings with team.
- Ensure that all outside personnel such as agency waiters and bartenders meet Aramark standards and are well informed about the job we require them to do according to the functions, special events and delivery.
- Responsible for seeking new clients and sales to grow the business.
- Establish and maintain clientele rapports.
- Resolve customer concerns.
- Oversee staff scheduling.
- Oversee training and management of staff.
- Ensure proper handling of Company Property.
- Ensure all staff adhere to the Health and Safety Policy as well as Aramark Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to the Aramark policies and procedures, as well as the Health and Safety standards.
- Uphold Classic Fare Catering standards through training and taking part in program updates offered by Head Office.
- At least 2- 4 years of Catering experience
- Demonstrated experience in successful business growth
- Completion of Hospitality or Food and Beverage program.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong leadership skills to manage a team of 3- 8 members and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Valid driver's license.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Apply on company website