Scope: The Recreation Coordinator will be responsible for offering all daily recreation activities and assist with sport, fitness plans and leisure programs. The Recreation Coordinator will support management in special functions.
- Create, plan and organize recreation and fitness events.
- Create monthly recreation calendar, newsletter and slide show to market all events.
- Ensure recreation facilities are maintained in order to ensure a safe, clean, and appropriate environment for activities and guests.
- Ensure that recreation facilities are operated and maintained in a safe and effective manner.
- Execute all recreations events on the monthly calendar; Organize and execute sporting activities for all residents.
- Make sure proper equipment is available and in place for events.
- Design and teach fitness classes and activities to all residents such as Spin Class, Yoga, TRX, Hit Cardio.
- Provide recreation and entertainment activities such as poker tournaments, karaoke nights and pool tournaments for all residents.
- Plan and promote special events and theme nights such as Halloween, Christmas parties, Superbowl, St. Patty's day etc.
- Maintain fitness equipment and facilitate repairs and maintenance of equipment, manage contracts associated with recreation equipment.
- Confirm paperwork is prepared accurately and timely in accordance with operations manual, client, and corporate requests.
- Keep the recreational areas organized.
- Inventory of equipment in the recreational areas.
- Develop preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure facility policy and regulations are adhered to.
- Daily inspections of all recreation areas.
- Weekly inspection of the dorm gyms and lounges.
Physical Demands Requirements (Must be able to):
- The Recreation Coordinator is expected to supervise, oversee and monitor recreational, leisure and sporting events in all weather conditions.
- He/she will be expected to lift, carry and manage equipment and supplies and participate in and train others in the rules of sport.
- He/she may have to work odd hours at a time to complete special requests or projects or to participate in or coordinate evening activities.
- The Recreation Coordinator may find the environments to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
- Must be Physically Fit.
- Short and long distance walking required. Ability to work and navigate safely in close quarters.
- Use force when push/pull carts weighing an average of 22.5kg.
- Frequently reach below waist, waist to shoulder and above shoulder with frequent neck/back/torso twisting from left to right without restriction, reaching horizontally usually less than 50cm but on occasion can exceed 50cm.
- Must be able to crouch, bend neck, back, and torso from waist to floor, and must be able to twist from left to right without restriction.
- Frequently lift an average weight of approximately 12kg with a maximum of 16kg. On occasion where weight may be greater than 16 kg assistance from another person or a manual lifting aid is mandatory.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Ability to hear and understand verbal instruction as well as other sounds such as safety alarms.
- Ability to communicate effectively; written and orally in English.
- Must be able to see without impairment for inspection purposes and ability to read small text such as product warning labels.
- Mainly indoor work required however some outdoor work on occasion.
- Ability to work and navigate safely in close quarters and congested areas.
- Ability to work split shifts within a rotational schedule.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Maybe exposed periodically to elevated noise levels and surroundings.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum 2 year experience.
- AFLCA Certification.
- Recreation co-ordinators must have a University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline such as recreation, physical education, a Degree or Diploma in Recreation Management and/or completion of the Recreation Facility Operators Program. With related recreation programming experience.
- Valid WHMIS and First Aid Certifications are mandatory.
- Additional certification may be required by work location.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong with prioritization and time management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to work away from home in remote location.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Apply on company website