Strategic Sourcing Manager – Avendra
What New Associates Can Expect:
Knowledgeable and skilled associates are the backbone of industry leaders like Aramark and Avendra. With our collaborative culture, associates are encouraged to learn, ask questions, take on new challenges, and understand different perspectives. Our associates take pride in their work and endeavor to provide the best solutions. Our team of smart and motivated associates has been our true key to success.
Once selected to be a part of the team, associates go through a thorough onboarding process to learn their job and about Avendra and Aramark. All associates are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to develop current skills and learn. Internal and external training opportunities as well as tuition reimbursement are available. We have a focus on internal growth and an excellent track record of moving people throughout the organization.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing is responsible for the planning and execution of contracting initiatives that result in successful contracts that support the needs of our customers. This position will support a new expansion area for Avendra to support commercial and multi-family segments. The categories covered in this position include various MRO categories including, but not limited to the plumbing, electrical and HVAC categories. The Manager will work in a dotted line capacity to the Director of Marketing Strategy in order to develop and carry out plans for evaluating, selecting and supporting suppliers and programs that leverage best practices and sound processes. The role requires sound judgment, flexibility, maturity, ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, strong analytic ability and excellent communication and organization skills. The Manager will oversee a portfolio of contracts/categories and manage the portfolio for compliance, financial success and customer satisfaction.
- Manage annual work plan by creating realistic timelines and meeting milestones.
- Lead effective supplier negotiations and pricing strategy development efforts which integrate Avendra's principles and value proposition.
- Act as subject matter “expert” in categories and supplier pool. Experience in the MRO / Indirect engineering categories required
- Build and maintain supplier relationships; hold suppliers accountable to deliver contractual commitments.
- Solid business judgment
- Knowledge of sourcing process
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with suppliers
- Ability to perform analysis and interpret results into actionable steps
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong attention to detail and process orientation
Years of Relevant Experience 5-10 years of experience in business management (operational or management consulting) with an understanding of procurement, contracting, supply chain optimization and/or category management with a background in the MRO industry required
Education Requirements BS/BA in relevant field or equivalent years' experience with education in supply chain, business, economics, or related field highly desired
Apply on company website