ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: Please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account (https://www.myworkday.com/archildrens/)and search the "Find Jobs" report.
Time Type:Full time
Department:CC014190 Heart Station - Little Rock Summary Performs quality Pediatric Echocardiographic exams in multiple settings, while adhering to the ACH behavioral standards. The Cardiac Sonographer also creates preliminary reports and works closely with the interpreting Cardiologist to provide the best possible imaging for each study. The Sonographer is also required to work in the regional clinical setting, and the UAMS NICU on a rotational basis. This position also includes call. Description
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs Echocardiograms
- Reviews physician order, and verifies patient and procedure
- Performs echocardiograms according to department procedures policy and the Medical Director's guidelines/protocols.
- Coordinates testing with other hospital personnel
- Assists other staff with assigned duties when needed
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Prepares and processes echo studies for interpretation
- Reviews patient's previous echocardiogram with current findings and clinical history to prepare for study.
- Prepares detailed preliminary report utilizing Cardiac PACS (Syngo) reporting system.
- Discusses current findings with Interpreting Cardiologist.
- Participates in training of Cardiology Fellows performing Pediatric Echocardiography.
- Maintains Continuing Education as required by individual credentialing society.
- Actively participates in quarterly QA conference.
- Participates in weekly Echocardiography conference as schedule allows.
4. Maintains department equipment
- Inspects equipment for cleanliness daily.
- Monitors equipment during procedures for equipment malfunctions
- Notifies Supervising Sonographer, Workflow Coordinator, or Director immediately of major malfunctions.
- Inventories supplies and submits list to proper personnel, to keep adequate supply stock for department.
- Required - Certificate from college program or technical school - Field of Study: Imaging , or Or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred - 1 years Pediatric Echocardiography experience preferred
CERTIFICATION / LICENSE / REGISTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Required - National Cardiac Sonography Registry (such as RDMS or CCI) (needed within 12 months of hire date)
- Required - Ability to work independently or within a team
- Required - Must be able to understand and communicate detailed instructions and procedures
- Required - Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with a variety of individuals
- Required - Good interpersonal skills
Apply on company website