ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: Please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account (https://www.myworkday.com/archildrens/)and search the "Find Jobs" report.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Full time
Department:CC407080 Accounting Summary This position is responsible for analyzing time and attendance, processing payroll each week, and ensuring accurate paychecks are issued to employees. This position should have a thorough understanding of the payroll process to assist employees with questions. This position is responsible for processing multiple payroll withholdings and submitting to the proper outside agency in an accurate and timely manner. This position should be knowledgeable of IRS and state guidelines which relate to assigned responsibilities. This position is responsible for maintaining payroll files in compliance with record retention laws. Description
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Processing payroll.
- Reviews the employees time to ensure compliance with current policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes daily to meet payroll deadlines.
- Provides employees with direct deposit information by Hospital deadlines.
- Processes paychecks and has ready to mail by Hospital deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality and is held to a high level of accountability due to level of exposure.
- Notifies Supervisor timely of problems.
- Maintains accurate notes and is able to process payroll when Supervisor is out.
- Works effectively with Human Resources, Department Managers, and Information Systems to produce an accurate payroll.
- Must have a good understanding of the payroll process in order to aide employees when they have questions or concerns regarding their paycheck.
- Processes annual performance evaluations
2. Withholdings preparation and management.
- Processes withholdings in a timely manner.
- Complies with IRS and State deadlines on taxes that are withheld from the employee's check.
- Ensures that the employee's wage assignments and garnishments are submitted to the correct agency.
3. Record retention.
- Organizes and maintains electronic and hard copy records in compliance with record retention laws.
- Maintains hard copy payment history for disaster recovery plan.
4. Special Projects/Other duties.
- Management may assign special projects or other duties associated with the position and are commensurate with the incumbent's knowledge and experience.
- Responsible for utilizing time in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for making Supervisor or other department management personnel aware of time available for special projects.
- Responsible for utilizing resources in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for suggesting recommendations which improve processes for assigned responsibilities or other departmental processes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Required - High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Preferred - Minimum 2 years automated time and attendance environment experience preferred
CERTIFICATION / LICENSE / REGISTRY REQUIREMENTS
- This position has no Certification/License/Registry requirements
- Required - 10 key by touch
- Required - Strong communication skills
- Required - Able to work in a deadline oriented setting
- Required - Able to function adequately when stressful situations are presented
- Required - PC oriented with exposure to current technology including Microsoft Office
Apply on company website