Assistant Assembler - Medical Devices
Arthrex California Inc
City of Industry, CA
Arthrex is seeking an Assistant Assembler who is self-motivated and detail oriented. Ideal candidate enjoys working with their hands and thrives in a teamwork environment. Individual will be responsible for processing various sub-assemblies for surgical hand instruments.
Must be able to work Monday - Friday from 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. with occassional overtime.
You will be joining a talented team at a global medical device company and contributing to delivering products and tools that help surgeons provide exceptional surgical outcomes for their patients.
Main Objective: Under direct supervision, performs basic mechanical assembly operations by using hand tools, and production machines. Products assembled include, but not limited to, various sub-assemblies and accessory surgical instruments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs assembly tasks such as buffing, filling, drilling, reaming, riveting, and sandblasting using hand tools and various production machinery
- Reads and understands CAD drawings, sketches, specifications, and procedures
- Works on assigned production orders per production schedule
- Meets department productivity and quality standards
- Continuous visual inspection for defects through microscope and notifies supervisor immediately of issues
- Inspects parts to ensure conformance to quality specifications, using gauges, calipers, and other measuring tools as required
- Reports malfunctioning of tools and equipment to management immediately
- Follows department housekeeping procedures which include but are not limited to; keeping personal work station clean and organized; returning tools to proper locations; and organizing storage areas
- Attends required job related training and interfaces with other departments and manufacturing personnel
- Follows ISO related quality policies, procedures, and documentation requirements
- Follows departmental safety requirements including proper use of PPE as required and reports safety issues and concerns immediately
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training: Must be able to read and interpret work instructions, CAD drawings, sketches, specifications, and procedures. Basic computer skills needed to be able to pull up procedures and complete trainings via computer.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Use of various light duty machines, hand tools and measuring equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website