Requisition ID: 43263 Title: CNC Machine Operator II - SC Division: Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location: Sandy Springs, SC
These CNC Machine Operator positions will be located at the new Arthrex manufacturing facilty in Sandy Springs, SC.
The desired candidates for these positions will be proficient with the setup, operation and troubleshooting of CNC Swiss lathes and/or multi-axis mills. Experience with Citizen K16 lathes, L20 lathes and/or 5-axis mills is strongly preferred. Experience with inspection equipment such as Optical Comparators and Micro-Vu measuring machines is preferred.
To produce superior products following Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. machining processes and procedures. Responsible for set up, operation and troubleshooting of machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work order and verifies that the components are correct
- Receives material and loads on bar feeder; adjusts bar feeder for proper size of material and performs a dry run without material; verifies material against work order for correct lot number
- Performs first PC inspection when set-up is completed
- Adjusts tools or dies to meet blueprint specifications.
- Downloads programs to the machine, dry run machine with no material and all tools in place
- Performs first cut-off
- Ability of make tool off-set
- Returns all axis to the home position
- Monitors screen pages and machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media; verifies the correct program in the machine is running
- Uses various types of measuring instruments
- Replaces tooling at the machine
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
- Confirms that inspection process is kept at AQLS C=0 Example: check parts every 30 minutes
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
- Stops machine to change settings, offsets and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Recommends process improvements with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems
- Ensures work area, machine, tooling and parts are cleaned regularly and free from excess oil deposits
- Demonstrates ability to streamline processes to increase productivity and quality; production and prototype jobs are set up consistently, timely and accurately
- Installs and adjusts collects with proper pressure
- Cleans and assembles all collect assemblies, removes or replaces fixture, collects and tools. Inspects old collects and guide brushes
- Verifies correct tools against tool sheet and program; sets up any type of tool in the pre-setter and/or machine
- Notifies programmers of issues and updates required for improvements
- Shows exceptional teamwork.
- Ability to drive others to exceed goals.
- Very good communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills on the areas where the training is going to be performed, be at least a set-up person.
- Attention to detail
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Mechanical aptitude required.
At least three years of directly-related training and/or experience in a manufacturing setting required. Set up and troubleshooting experience and skills. Ability to use measuring tools. Knowledgeable in all aspects of job clearance. Knowledgeable in set-up of all required tools and in the pre-setter and/or machine
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Knowledge of CNC machines.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website