Requisition ID: 47673 Title: Molding Tech - SC - Night Shift Division: Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location: AMI South Carolina (US28)
This position will be located at the Arthrex manufacturing facility in Pendleton, SC. It is intended for a very strong injection molding person with several years of related experience, solid technical knowledge of molding processes & molding process improvement/process optimization, setups, molds & mold troubleshooting, scientific molding, the variables involved with molding, etc. A molding certification (such as RJG) is preferred.
Main Objective: Provide Molding process engineering expertise in the areas of Molding room and the engineering of new tooling for production. With their knowledge of process optimization and RJG to implement that on all new tooling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with project teams to identify issues and risks for the molding department. During new product development integrate with Engineers, Design Engineers, and Quality Engineers to help implement RJG when applicable.
- Provide process support on manufacturing technical issues go through existing processes to make sure they are running to there most efficient process.
- Develop a master data sheet after the optimization of the process is complete.
- Demonstrate and train coworkers the proper molding procedures.
- Develop a training procedure for all molding areas.
- Develop protocols and coordinate validation of equipment and processes.
- Develop manufacturing SOP's and Workstation Instructions for good manufacturing practices.
- Stay current with methods used in the medical device industry to advance technologies.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years Process Engineering experience with proven experience in the areas of process optimization, productivity efficiency and work measurement.
- Experience from pharmaceutical or medical device environment preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- RJG Certified
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experienced user of MS Office Suite and CAD.
- Experience with planning and conducting tests to validate equipment and processes.
- Experienced in new mold process development.
- Experienced in exciting tool debugging.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Injection molding machines and all auxiliary equipment that pertains to an injection molding machine.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. To bend frequently and lift 50-70 lbs on a regular basis.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits Arthrex Offers:
- Arthrex pays 100% of employee's medical and dental coverage with voluntary participation in the wellness program. For regular, full-time and part-time employees Arthrex pays 50% of employee's dependent coverage.
- The Arthrex Medical Center provides convenient, free care for employees.
- Arthrex provides a 401k retirement plan option with matching contributions.
- Arthrex encourages professional development with tuition reimbursement toward an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Arthrex Learning & Development department has many opportunities to expand your skills online and in classroom experiences.
- Arthrex provides free lunches to save our employees time and money. Plus, it's a great opportunity to enjoy time with your coworkers.
- And there is so much more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website