Requisition ID: 47618 Title: Laser Machine Operator Division: Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location: AMI South Carolina (US28)
This position will be located at the new Arthrex manufacturing facility in Sandy Springs, SC.
To produce superior products following Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. machining processes and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of Assembly, Laser Mark, Laser Weld, and EDM equipment in accordance to work instructions
- Inspect machined work piece to specifications, based on correct AQL
- Verify inspection tools issued to job are available and correct
- Receives and verifies work order and verifies that the components are correct
- Notifies Supervisor or Lead if equipment is not operating properly
- Meets required Production and Quality Standards.
- Completes necessary documentation with accuracy and minimal errors
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Notifies Crew Coordinator or Supervisor of and safety or production issues
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months of prior machine operation experience in manufacturing is required.
- Prior laser marking or laser welding experience would be a plus.
- Experience in medical device manufacturing or in another regulated industry (e.g., aerospace or automotive manufacturing) would be a plus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- The ability to perform written tasks by reading, understanding and following work instructions provided
- Basic to Laser/EDM skills.
- Proficient with measuring equipment and instruments.
- General knowledge of tool life.
- Proper use of Good Documentation Practice (GMP)
- Use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), as required
- Ability to work independently when necessary
- Demonstrates housekeeping etiquette.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Knowledge of Laser and EDM machines.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website