Machinist I - Second Shift
Arthrex Manufacturing Inc
Ave Maria FL
Arthrex Manufacturing is hiring a Machinist for second shift at our location in Ave Maria, FL.
To produce superior products following Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. machining processes and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment when not operating properly.
- Sets all tools on pre-setter for completion of set-up. Log all necessary tool shifts.
- Set up machines consistently, timely, and accurately to meet daily production goals.
- Makes adjustments to consistently meet blueprint specifications.
- Performs cleaning of machines, parts, and tooling regularly.
- Verify inspection tools issued to job are there and correct.
- Demonstrates responsibility for the safeguard of all company equipment and working tools.
- Demonstrates ability to streamline processes resulting in an increase of productivity and quality.\
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from data base.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit CNC machine controls.
- May confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to solve machining or assembly problems.
- Inspects product to specifications, using micrometers, calipers, fixed gauges, optical gauges and other precision measuring equipment.
- Responsible for completion of safety, process, and procedure training when required.
- Assist in training employees on machining operations and product inspection methods
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of five years of directly-related training and/or experience with machine operation or successful completion of the Arthrex Manufacturing Apprentice Program.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Full working knowledge of machining properties of common metals and alloys. Good mechanical aptitude. Advance blue print reading skills. Proficient with measuring equipment and instruments. General knowledge of tool life. Ability to streamline machining process. Demonstrates housekeeping etiquette.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Machining and basic programming knowledge of any or all of the following CNC equipment: mills, conventional and/or Swiss type lathes, grinders. Experience using micrometers, calipers, fixed gauges, optical gauges and other precision measuring equipment.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. To bend frequently and lift 50-70 lbs on a regular basis.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website