Night Shift Crew Coordinator - CNC Machining
Arthrex Manufacturing Inc
AMI South Carolina
This position will be located at the new Arthrex manufacturing facility in Sandy Springs, SC.
The successful candidate for this position will have at least seven years of machining experience working with CNC mills and/or lathes in a manufacturing environment and will oversee not only CNC machining operations but also, other production areas as needed by Arthrex.
Experience with CNC Swiss lathes (such as Citizen, Star, Tsugami, Tornos) and/or 3-5 axis mills is highly desired.
Assist Supervisor in the day-to-day activities in the CNC Machining Department for both mills and lathes as well as in other production areas. In doing so, the crew coordinator takes on the role as a working lead. An effective crew coordinator will possess/gain advanced technical knowledge of the production equipment, Arthrex products and processes present in their assigned area, as well as fundamental leadership, communication, and mentoring skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs MO I, II and III duties as needed. Whenever needed, run production machines in order to maintain productivity.
- Assist in the daily mentoring and training of new hires and lesser skilled operators with the purpose of developing their technical skills to maintain safe and standard work habits within the production department.
- Verified that production parts are within specs, randomly check at the operator's parts while still in the machine to help prevent bad parts moving to next operations.
- Performs final inspection of paperwork (Material Pick List, Traveler, and In- Process inspection sheet) and QAD (Production Tracking Software) numbers accuracy.
- Ensure proper utilization of all resources.
- Notifies Supervisor of any production, safety or performance issues as they arise.
- Answer questions, instruct, demonstrate techniques on matters directly related to; machine operations, work methods, shop practices and safety.
- Must be highly organized, self motivated and a role model.
- Assume responsibility for work accomplished on schedule and in accordance with job requirements.
- Follows through production priorities and assign resources accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor
- Request additional material if necessary following established procedures.
- Notify Maintenance Department through established system any equipment maintenance requirement.
- Support programs, policies, and procedures in order to help the growth AMI as a world class medical device manufacturer.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
At least seven years of directly related training and/or experience with CNC mills and/or lathes in a manufacturing setting required.
Prior leadership experience preferred (as Crew Coordinator, Line Lead, Cell Lead, Team Lead, etc.)
Proficiency on the computer with standard MS Office desktop applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
Experience with ERP software such as SAP preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Proficiency with measuring tools and instruments.
- Ability to understand and follow all established procedures.
- General knowledge of GMP's and FDA regulations preferred.
- Knowledgeable in set-up of all required tools using the pre-setter and/or machine.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Proficiency of machine shop support equipment. Grinding machines; Computerized Lathes; Computerized Milling Machines; Swiss Screw Machines, and Turning Centers.
Proficiency of machine shop measuring tooling. Such as Gauges and Inspection Fixtures, Bore Gauges, Dial Indicators; Pin Gauges, MicroVu, Optical Comparator, Caliper and Micrometer.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website