Operational Excellence Manager (OpEx)
Arthrex Manufacturing Inc
Ave Maria FL
Arthrex Manufacturing is recruiting for an Operational Excellence Manager for our Ave Maria FL location. The role will focus on increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of operations by utilizing lean methodology, driving the business to improve OpEx performance. Excellent communication and analytical skills along with experience in process improvement projects including TPS will be essential. A Bachelor's degree in Engineering and seven years' experience will also be required. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage projects/coordinate equipment/process/flow changes by working directly with all other Engineering functions in the department
- Work with Supply Chain to develop and maintain capacity models. Analyze models to identify OpEx opportunities, identify and layout a plan with measurable goals. Assist in headcount requirements as part of the annual budgeting process related to planned projects.
- Evaluate MPI's in order to develop router data and create supporting documentation for production personnel
- Review product documentation for accuracy and completeness (BOMs, Routers, Work Instructions, Assembly Drawings, Packaging Instructions, Component Drawings, Inspection Process Sheets, etc.) and provide feedback to appropriate area of responsibility
- Discover opportunities for waste reduction and capacity improvement and proactively drive solutions with and without capital investment
- Discover opportunities to improve processes through methods analysis (MOST, observation, time study, etc.)
- Act as liaison between Finance, Engineering, Facilities, and Materials/Supply Chain and to develop business case rationale for engineering projects and to coordinate MOC (Management of Change) process for the department
- Facilitate kaizen events targeting key improvements to drive productivity, data management/collection, and paperwork handling improvements
- Develop and implement systems and improvement strategies for direct material flow (in plant transport, inventory staging/access, and assembly line supply)
- Provide financial analysis for Make/Buy decisions in support of continuous improvement projects.
- May supervise other OpEx personnel
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or other Engineering discipline required
- 7 years of relevant experience required
- Must be well versed in TPS.
- Experience in medical device or another highly regulated industry is required
- SAP experience preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Recognized process improvement training (Lean, Six Sigma)
- Knowledge and experience in conducting time studies, mapping value streams, designing Poka Yoke fixtures
- Ability to analyze data and process inputs to justify improvements
- Ability to manage projects to a successful and timely completion
- Ability to assist in financial planning and cost analysis by estimating production labor and equipment costs
- Ability to develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy
- Ability to work independently and effectively with cross functional teams
- SPC (Statistical Process Control) knowledge
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form
- Experienced user of MS Office Suite and project management software
- Strong technical writing and change management experience
- Solidworks experience preferred
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience in Med Device manufacturing including all aspects of metal cutting/ cleaning/ packaging.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website