Product Manager - Associate
INC Santa Barbara, CA
Main Objective: This is an entry level Product Management position and the individual should possess the aptitude/background to progress to a Product Manager position within 18-24 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in overall marketing, product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Works on technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production.
- Assists in the management of day-to-day progress and maintenance of products.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Works with Product Team to develop marketing analysis to determine product definitions.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Works with Product Managers/Product Team to coordinate and develop marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Works with Product Managers/Product Team to establish product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Works with PM to define promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
- Provides expertise in particular product area and develops strategies and applicable portions of the company business plan.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned programs to ensure accomplishment of financial/budgetary goals and optimum allocation of resources.
- Manages resources to execute assigned programs.
- Coordinates details of program within the organization with a wide range of functions and individuals.
- Works with Product Managers/Product Team to coordinate product introductions and market exploitation with marketing and sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of market segment.
- Provides continuing product surveillance and management of established product to obtain financial objectives
- Supports offsite surgical cases and provides field team support.
- Travel will be required 25% of the time.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in business, marketing or engineering.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in Sales and Marketing /Product Management/Engineering; experience with medical imaging (fluorescence/arthroscopy) equipment preferred.
- One year of medical device sales and marketing/product management/engineering experience/ clinical experience OR a Master's degree is required.
- Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills are required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Knowledge of surgical orthopedics and/or arthroscopy.
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Highly organized, dependable, detail oriented. Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with cadaver specimens and ability to speak in front of large groups
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website