Project Manager - Sutures
Arthrex Manufacturing Inc
Arthrex is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. Working as a Project Manager in the Sutures Department, you will be primarily responsible for prioritizing, planning and successfully delivering projects in relation to manufacturing product launches and all related Operational activities. This includes adhering to policies and procedures necessary to ensure efficient and effective execution of these projects. Excellent communications and analytical skills, strong leadership skills and a Bachelors' degree in Engineering will be essential for this position. This position will be located at our manufacturing site Ave Maria, Southwest Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages manufacturing product development deliverables, including managing requests for new assembly concepts, and the timely delivery and documentation of manufacturing design and testing
- Provides manufacturing input to design and product management groups in an effort to meet their product innovation needs
- Partners with Manufacturing Engineering groups to thoroughly understand latest manufacturing capabilities
- Mentors/coaches Manufacturing Engineering Technicians to develop new assembly techniques
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculates time requirements, identifying and sequencing project elements and discreet tasks
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving obstacles by providing direction to other Operational groups.
- Manage periodic project reviews with cross functional groups to ensure that as designs move from concept to formal MPI's all actions related to the manufacturing, testing, part setup & change controls are done to meet launch dates
- Communicates project status to management and key stakeholders against metrics and constraints (scope, cost, schedule, resources, etc.)
- US and/or international travel will be required up to 30% of the time
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- Minimum 3 years experience managing technical projects utilizing project management methodologies
- Experience in a regulated design or manufacturing environment required, preferably in medical device and/or textiles
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build, nurture, and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Experience in project management tools such as MS Project, Workfront, Agile PPM, etc. is required
- Advanced skills in Excel is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems is preferred
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website