Service Technician I
ACT Santa Barbara, CA
To perform the decontamination, inspection, test and repair of returned medical products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance, organization of service and repair. Facilitates, create systems, benches, layout and tooling to ensure efficient handling of defective products. May include outside facilities as well.
- Responsible for the receipt, decontamination, repair and documentation of electromechanical and video system products returned from the field to determine appropriate action and handling.
- Utilize Soldering and Desoldering skills on printed circuit board assemblies for thru hole and surface mount components.
- Perform optical test and measurement of incoming service items as required.
- Assist in performing failure root cause analysis on all returned products.
- Assist in perform complaint failure evaluations and provide estimates on repairs.
- Modify, rebuild or overhaul electromechanical products.
- Apply knowledge of electronics/electrical principles in determining equipment malfunction.
- Document findings for management, QA, manufacturing and engineering as needed.
- Work with Arthrex Inc to complete documentation necessary for closure of customer complaints.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in an electronics environment preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, including electrical test processes and procedures preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Electronics, optics, electromechanical equipment trouble shooting and repair.
Knowledge of FDA Quality System Requirements, ISO 13485 Quality System Requirements and GMP, Good Manufacturing Practices.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
The applicant must have basic computer knowledge; an understanding of Microsoft Word, ERP systems and Excel are required.
Ability to assist in defining problems and collect data.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website