Sr. International Product Marketing Manager- Orthobiologics
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. Arthrex is actively searching for a Sr. International Product Marketing Manager to manage and lead our initiatives with regards to our Orthobiologics product portfolio in the APAC and LATAM Regions. The successful candidate will build relationships with key customers and internal departments to help drive new product innovation and manage existing product lines. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills along with seven plus years or more of related experience and a Bachelor's degree are essential for this position. The position does require travel. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
Main Objective: The Sr. International Product Marketing Manager (IPMM) position is responsible for all aspects of their assigned product line lifecycle, expert product knowledge and tactical support in the assigned International Region. The IPMM functions as a proactive information/process hub between stakeholders, subsidiaries, sales channels, regional sales management, regional product management, and product management at Arthrex Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides User Needs from their assigned geographic Region of responsibility to Product Management for new/existing product(s).
- Develops new and strategic market-specific products in conjunction with Marketing, Engineering and Sales Management personnel.
- Coordinates with various department functions such as but not limited to: Engineering, Product Management, International Regional Managers, Regulatory Affairs, Logistics, Marketing Communications, Compliance, Med Ed, and Finance to assure successful and profitable product lifecycle.
- Works closely with Group Manager, product team and regional sales teams to develop and manage promotional planning and execution for products and product brands at Arthrex.
- Develops product launch plans for new products in regions in conjunction with product management. Launch plan will include key messaging, marketing materials, training activities, internal and external research and exhibit strategy.
- Supports regional international downstream marketing initiatives
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Creates and executes regional marketing plans per product category.
- Manages the product lifecycle for a specified product segment across assigned Region
- Coordinates product line introduction and ongoing training activities
- Provides continuing product surveillance and management of established product line
- Participates in upstream NPD process, as needed
- Adapts products messaging and collateral materials to the needs of the assigned Region
- Expands regional and local product expertise through communication with regional product managers through deep dive reports, dynamic bilateral communication, exchange of key data and market intelligence.
- Supports the pricing function process with Finance as needed by issuing accurate and quality information needed in a timely manner.
- Answers requests from customers (internal and external) in a timely manner. Customer has a perception that the Sr. IPMM is responsive and interested in following up and resolving inquiries swiftly.
- Offers competitive analysis (potential sales, pricing, gap analysis,), market research and trends where needed. Compares product line with key competitors.
- Attends international meetings/congresses and reports any competitive observations such as new product launches, competitive outcome studies and surgeon presentations.
- Works closely with regional surgeon consultants to develop promotional assets, refines surgeon presentations with updated product-related content and supports potential development projects.
- Helps identify market potential (potential sales, pricing, gap analysis,) through data mining and analysis.
- Assists in Regulatory Affairs related inquiries, priorities and resolves bottlenecks based in business imperatives.
- May identify third-party partnering opportunities for complimentary products to broaden product line.
- May supervise other Product Marketing Managers.
- May travel up to 30% (coordinated and prioritized between International Group Manager, Regional Vice Presidents and Regional Sales & Marketing Managers).
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced education (e.g. MBA/MS/MA) preferred
- 7 years' minimum experience in medical device product management, marketing or sales is required
- Experience with up and down stream marketing of orthopedic medical devices is preferred.
- Experience in medical device sales, marketing, product management, clinical or engineer is preferred
- International medical device product management knowledge and experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of surgical techniques in orthopedics and/or arthroscopy preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proficient in one other language preferred (Spanish, Mandarin, German, Japanese and/or Portuguese preferred).
- Skilled in negotiation and collaborating with various functional units to achieve desired business results.
- Effective project management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Adaptability: flexible, open to new ideas and approaches.
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify root cause, customers concerns or objections.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Highly proficient in Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook, and various and specialized software.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website