Requisition ID: 48738 Title: Staff Accountant I - Tax Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Miami, FL
**PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. THE POSITION IS LOCATED IN MIAMI, FLORIDA**
Provides technical assistance related to Federal, state and international tax matters affecting Arthrex, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Works with Supervisor Tax and other members of the Tax Department to help assure that Federal and state tax compliance requirements are met timely and efficiently. Provide assistance in all areas of the tax function: federal, state and local and international as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of complex federal corporate, fiduciary/trust and individual tax income tax and multi-state returns. (1120S, 1040, 1041, foreign informational returns)
- Preparation of federal and state estimates, withholding payment requirements and extensions.
- Preparation of federal and state income tax provision portion of financial statement disclosure.
- Organize all relevant workpaper documentation, including that of domestic and foreign subsidiaries and perform preliminary calculations.
- Preparation of tax return workpapers and supporting schedules.
- Preliminary analysis of financial information such as balance sheets, fixed asset ledger and income statements to provide rollforward of tax accounts and identify items of income/expense that would require a tax treatment different than book.
- Participate in tax related projects which involve research, examination and analysis as needed.
- Develop relationships and work with other members of the Finance department team (local and international)
- Perform clerical office tasks such as data entry, sorting and filing, photocopying and collating, etc. as needed.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. A CPA Certification or progressing towards a CPA certification preferred
- 2 years current and recent experience in public accounting or corporate tax department required
- Must have a general knowledge of US and state tax laws and regulations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Have knowledge regarding federal, state and local tax laws involving individual, corporate, fiduciary and flow-through entities.
- Experience in analyzing and calculating book/tax differences.
- Technical and practical experience in tax return preparation involving individual, corporate, fiduciary and flow-through entities.
- Experience with state apportionment and multi-state returns.
- Experience with tax compliance software and tax research software.
- Strong business writing skills and strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and complete assigned tasks to by established deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact in a positive manner with other employees in the Finance team, outside advisors and auditors.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work volume, multi-task and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent work habits, including ability to work a flexible schedule to allow for variable workloads based on seasonality. Must have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and willingness to get the job done as part of the team.
- Able to work in a challenging and growing environment.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PCs; Microsoft Office with an advanced working knowledge of Excel; 10 key adding machine proficiency; database; and general office equipment. Experience in tax preparation software, Onesource RS preferred. Sage FAS, SAP, RIA Checkpoint a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website