Aspenwood Senior Living Community is a beautiful community in Silver Spring, MD, with more than 130 units offering independent living and assisted living.
At this time, we are seeking a Lifestyle 360 Associate to join our team!
- In coordination with the Lifestyle 360 Director, helps in the analysis of the community's resident population and the development of an innovative, evidence based, seven days per week (at least five programs per day with one program in the evening) activity program that is engaging and incorporates the Five Dimensions of Wellness: Emotional Dimension- 5 days per week; Intellectual Dimension- 7 days per week; Physical Dimension- 7 days per week; Social Dimension- 7 days per week; Spiritual Dimension- 3 days per week.
- Interviews residents, on occasion, to determine his/her interests and program preferences and if, appropriate what accommodates may be needed for program attendance (such as large print game card etc.).
- In coordination with the Lifestyle 360 director, helps with the writing of recreation program descriptions.
- Ensures that all documentation required by state and Five Star corporate policy is written in a timely fashion.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree in human service or recreation therapy preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a health care setting a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with small groups as leader or facilitator.
Our Core Values
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
Five Star Senior Living and Ageility are operating divisions of AlerisLife, a provider of an evolving portfolio of residential and lifestyle services to older adults who want to live life to the fullest. We are approximately 10,000 team members serving in 29 states as well as our corporate AlerisLife headquarters located outside of Boston. Together, we're assembling a suite of best-in-class products and services to inspire joyful living in a growing range of settings.
About Five Star The Five Star Senior Living division includes independent living, assisted living and Alzheimer's/memory care communities across the United States. When you join Five Star, you become part of a family where you'll be supported in your efforts, offered guidance in your career and celebrated for your unique talents. We're a team of dedicated professionals who make it possible for older adults to live their healthiest, happiest and most fulfilling lives. We hope you can join us and be part of an amazing team!
EEOC Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website