The Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center at Overlook Medical Center seeks a highly qualified board certified/ board eligible stroke/vascular neurologist.
You will join a rapidly-growing, outstanding hospital-based neurology group based in Summit, NJ, a short train ride from Manhattan a region known for its outstanding schools..
Responsibilities and goals :
As a key member of the 4-physician stroke group, responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing care of inpatients with acute strokes
- Telestroke coverage of 7 EDs. All after hours care, both for Overlook's ED and the telestroke network, is performed remotely, from the comfort of your home or office, or any place with cellular or other connectivity.
- Outpatient practice, primarily of stroke patients, but can include general neurology if desired.
- Resources include:
- APN support
- Dedicated Neurocritical care unit with 2 neuro-intensivists
- Close collaboration with an extremely busy team of neuro-interventional neurosurgeons
- Actively participating in stroke-related research
- Located in beautiful suburban New Jersey, ideal for families, with some of the best school systems in the US.
- Competitive salary and compensation packages, including relocation costs.
- Academic appointment at the Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, as appropriate, based on credentials, experience, and role.
- 501 (c)(3) organization
Detailed responsibilities are below :
a. Inpatient clinical activities at Overlook.
b. Participating in stroke patient care – inpatient, telemedicine and outpatient. Provide approximately 1/4 of the night/weekend coverage. Telemedicine can be provided from home or elsewhere
c. Collaborating with neuro-intervention, neurosurgery and neuroradiology to advance multidisciplinary stroke care
d. Participating in continuous quality improvement for the stroke program, enhancing patient outcomes, and assuring continued attainment of highest level AHA/ASA awards and Joint Commission certifications.
e. Collaborating with stroke teams at other AHS hospitals to continually advance the health system's stroke care, enhance quality and efficiency, and increase inter-hospital and inter-disciplinary collaboration in stroke care improvement
f. Working with the Stroke Director to further develop the stroke program at Overlook
g. Further development of the teleneurology program as a means of effective outreach.
h Outpatient activities, if desired, would be performed at Overlook and/or at satellite practice site. This could be limited to patients with cerebrovascular disease or include general neurology patients
2. Educational: Full participation in departmental activities, including
a. Outreach to other centers, regional physicians, and communities, enhancing awareness of stroke in general and stroke care at Overlook in particular.
b. Working closely with and mentoring Medicine and Family Practice residents, and supporting their educational needs.
c. Helping in the Jefferson medical student Neurology rotation at Overlook Medical center.
d. Participation as a core member of the Neurosciences Department faculty in all departmental physician meetings, assisting in departmental planning, educational efforts, quality assurance efforts, development & implementation of new care models & protocols, including expanding role of house staff & mid-level providers
a. Active participation in clinical research trials, including patient recruitment, completion of patient assessments and necessary paperwork
b Participation in regional and national stroke meetings
4. Recommendation for an academic appointment on the appropriate track at the Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University. Rank in accordance with Jefferson policies.
Required: Successful completion of Neurology residency (with Board Certification, or if in first 5 years post residency, Board eligibility) and (a) fellowship in either stroke or neurocritical care and/or (b) added qualifications in stroke or neurocritical care.The Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center at Overlook Medical Center seeks a highly qualified board certified/ board eligible stroke/vascular neu...
Apply on company website