Reports To: Unit Director
Trainings: Annual, CPI, Suicide Prevention, HSFAC, MHA Training within one
year from date of transfer or hire date.
Career Development: Peer Advocateà Case Managerà Therapist
Position Summary: This position will provide supportive services including coaching in skills related to the Addictions Program. Completes all required educational interventions while engaging clients. Assesses social service needs and coordinates care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all required educational interventions
- Engages clients in a warm and empowering manner. Utilizes a first person approach to interactions and interventions with clients
- Assesses social service needs of clients
- Assists clients with linkage to services in the community, such as: financial assistance, medical assistance, transportation, etc.
- Coordinates clients' behavioral health and medical care
- Performs outreach and engagement of clients to increase compliance
- Completes assessments as required by the program
- Assists clients with scheduling of appointments for the behavioral health and medical care
- Assists with wellness prevention interventions
- Participates with other team members in the completion of treatment plans for clients within established time frames
- Assists with maintaining compliance with DMHAS, Joint Commission, and SAMHSA contract requirements
- Completes documentation within the electronic medical record systems in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain positive community supports
- Maintain compliance with the DMHAS licensing regulations including the confidentially of drug and alcohol clients
- Participate in treatment team conferences to support best practices
- Model and support clients and staff in health and wellness activities and with using healthy coping skills
- Participate in assigned meetings, staff development
Education: High school diploma or GED. Associate's degree in behavioral health field preferred.
Experience: Peer position requires that the applicant self-declare past or current treatment for a mental illness. Minimum 2 years of continuous, active recovery required. Understands and support a trauma-informed system of care. Experience with illness management & recovery (IMR) and motivational interviewing (MI) preferred. Valid Driver's License required. Excellent computer skills required. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Self-direction and flexibility required to meet the needs of administration and management. Sensitivity to a cultural diverse client population and workplace required. Supports and validates individual differences to create a harmonious work environment. Supports the organizations' mission to create a healthier community.
Equipment Use: Computer, copier, facsimile
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Apply on company website