Reports To: Unit Director
Trainings: Annual, QPR, HSFAC (Heart Saver, First Aid/CPR, AED), CPI
Career Development: Case manager ? MHA ? Program Manager Therapist
The Case manager assists in data collection, participates in developing a Service Plan for each client and assists in the coordination of services for clients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the completion of screening form
• Assist in development and facilitation of summer program
• Plan trips and recreational activities and supervise Student Center daily.
• Maintains patient files according to department procedure/policy protocol
• Verifies and enters all information into the computer accurately
• Performs office support duties, i.e. filing, typing, copying, mail distribution resulting in efficient operations
• Accurately takes telephone messages and repeats key information to verify accuracy
• Monitors SBYSP offices to ensure comfort and convenience of clients and families
• Maintains confidentiality as related to patients, staff members, and departmental operations
• Promptly acknowledges and graciously receives patients, clients, and visitors
• Completes daily tasks within the assigned shift
• Consistently coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency within the context of a team.
• Consistently performs duties with little or no supervision.
• Demonstrates appropriate initiative to meet the requests of all internal and external customers.
• Handles all situations efficiently, tactfully and confidentially.
• Willingly accepts and accurately completes other duties as assigned to assist with business unit functions.
• Demonstrates flexibility and teamwork by willing accepting any and all scheduled shifts.
• Accurately reports information to team members and participates with team members and clients/families in the completion of a Service Plan within established time frames.
• Demonstrates knowledge of crisis intervention and behavior management of aggressive behavior.
• Assists in the implementation of psycho educational programs.
• Demonstrates knowledge of community resources.
• Accurately documents all client interaction within established time frames.
• Writes in a professional and competent manner.
• Maintains a valid NJ driver's license.
• Practices safe and courteous driving habits.
• Provides services to clients/families in their native language or is able to procure the services of a translator.
• Demonstrates a willingness to serve on professional committees, attend staff meetings, attend in-services, etc.
• Seeks supervision in a professional manner and documents supervision.
• Develops an adequate professional relationship with all referral sources and relevant community agencies.
• Adequately responds to the needs of clients, families and referral sources.
• Provides core services to clients as assigned
• Contribute to unit LOS
• Assist in maintenance of petty cash, receipts, and submission of check requests (as needed)
• As appropriate to scope of practice, assists in the data collection for each assigned client, including the following:
The relationship of each clients physical status to dependence.
The nature of the comparison to use alcohol and/or other drugs.
The intensity of the clients mental preoccupation with using alcohol and/or drugs.
Education:. Bachelor's Degree in behavioral health or related field.
One year experience or appropriate internship, or 5 years experience and currently tracking for Bachelor's Degree
New Jersey Valid Drivers License
Blood borne pathogen training required.
CPI & HSFAC training required within 3 months from date of hire or transfer
Equipment Use: Computer, copier, facsimile, motor vehicle
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Apply on company website