Reports To: VP Clinical
Supervises: Adult & Child & Adolescent Addiction IOP Staff
Trainings: Annual, BLS, Effective 1/21, existing incumbents with Heart Saver First Aid CPR/AED, will be required to renew with BLS, all new hires effective this same date, are required to have BLS
The Director, Addiction Services is responsible for oversight of the addiction service line. This includes but is not limited to supervision, program design and operation, billing procedures and direct care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for monitoring performance to access outcome measures.
* Provides clinical leadership for LCADC & CADCs and ensure clinical supervision requirements are met.
* Provides administrative and clinical supervision to Addictions IOP staff including part -- time, full -- time, and fee for service staff.
* Develop or recommend policies related to addiction services as needed.
* Develop and implement strategies to address tobacco dependence need of clients.
* Develop and monitor standardized best practices for addiction services.
* Monitor compliance with clinical documentation of services provided and coordinate compliance with Unit Managers, including NJSAMS & NJGEARS.
* Maintain communication with Division of Addiction Services as needed including sending monthly roster data.
* Administratively oversees all substance abuse and gambling grants, the development of new grants, and execute contracts to assure uniform compliance with regulations.
* Attends all local and state meetings in association with substance abuse treatment and gambling abuse prevention providers and coalitions.
* Schedule monthly staff meetings.
* Participate as a Member of the Best Quality Team.
* Documentation must be completed within one (1) calendar day of service delivery
* Productivity goals shall meet % as designated by department
License/Certification: Must possess a valid and current State of New Jersey license that
would qualify for LIP status under ABH policy. Must possess current LCADC.
Valid New Jersey Driver's License for use of Company Vehicle.
Education: Master's degree in a behavioral health related field.
Experience: Five (5) years experience in behavioral health setting and two (2) years
supervisory experience in a behavioral health setting.
Training: Psychiatric assessment using DSM-IV, Crisis Intervention, Substance Use
Evaluation, NJ GEARS, NJ SAMS.
Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to any
age/disability group assigned. Proficient in the knowledge and skills described in the
core competency curriculum. Preferred Qualification:
Training/Experience: Knowledge of ASAM placement criteria, strong knowledge of community resources, training in performance improvement activities. Equipment Use: Computer, facsimile, shredder, copier The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Apply on company website