POSITON SUMMARY Reports To: Sr. Director of Social Services Supervises: Unit Staff Trainings: Annual, Six (6) hours in discipline, BLS, Effective 1/21, existing incumbents with Heart Saver First Aid CPR/AED, will be required to renew with BLS, all new hires effective this same date, are required to have BLS
The Unit Director coordinates and integrates services within the unit and within ABH, develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services and maintains accountability for professional standards of practice within the unit. The Unit Director provides administrative supervision and encourages staff development. The position is responsible for the coordination of performance improvement activities within the unit and for the fiscal performance of the unit. Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supports the organization's mission, vision, and values.
* Coordinates and integrates services within the unit and within ABH.
* Establishes a business plan for the unit that is consistent with the organization's goals and objectives.
* Assumes primary responsibility for assuring consumer satisfaction.
* Assumes primary responsibility for maintaining and improving community and professional relationships
* Successfully manages change within the unit and encourages staff development.
* Takes responsibility for improving job knowledge and skills.
* Implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
* Recommends space and other resources required by the unit to meet consumer needs.
* Designs and implements programs and services to meet consumer needs that comply with mandated regulations and voluntary accreditation standards.
* Assures access to services through effective deployment of resources.
* Maintains a safe environment of care and an effective facility management program as defined by regulatory and voluntary accreditation organization standards.
* Maintains accountability for professional standards of practice throughout the unit. Conducts administrative supervision meetings. Publishes minutes of the meetings and completes attendance sheets.
* Completes performance evaluations within established time frames.
* Identifies training needs and implements staff development activities to improve job knowledge and skill development.
* Participates in performance improvement to improve processes and client care.
* Coordinates unit participation in, and compliance with, organization wide PI activities.
* Meets or exceeds budgeted operating revenue and expense targets for fiscal year.
* Comply with financial reporting requirements (e.g. payroll, accounts payable).
* Attend 80% of all scheduled management meetings.
* Actively participates in organization-wide committees as assigned.
* Demonstrates accessibility and responsiveness to other team members and provides timely and adequate feedback to team members.
* Provides input to the organization's business plan.
* Promotes participatory management and develops a cohesive work unit.
* Schedule monthly staff meetings.
Education Master's Degree in behavioral health and or related field; Valid NJ LCSW or NJ LPC License required; two (2) years supervisory experience in behavioral health setting or Bachelor's Degree in behavioral health or related field, and five (5) years supervisory experience in behavioral health setting, and currently tracking for Master's Degree
Training: Training in performance improvement activities. Requirements: CPI required within 3 months from date of hire or transfer Preferred Qualifications: Valid NJ Driver's License for use of company vehicle
Equipment Use: Computer, facsimile, shredder, copier The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Apply on company website