The Information Technology Technician I, supports and maintains in-house computer systems desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware, equipment, Operating Systems and software while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The Information Technology Tech I will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required. This position may also require on-call responsibilities and rotational shift coverage (i.e. early and late shifts), depending on required organizational needs. This position supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts and demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: A+ Certification or equivalent required either upon hire /transfer or within 1 year of hire/ transfer. Valid Driver's license required. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Certificate preferred.
1 to 3 years of experience in an IT-related field required.
Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within an IT-related field required.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Must be customer service oriented and perform within AtlantiCare's values, collaboration, and
Previous experience in the healthcare field preferred.
Help Desk or Technical Support experience preferred.
* Works under regular supervision and is expected to seek guidance in unfamiliar situations.*
* Interacts with immediate colleagues.*
* May have some contact with customers, suppliers and partners. *
* Performs routine activities in a structured environment.*
* Requires assistance in resolving unexpected problems.*
* Utilizes basic functions, tools, applications, and processes.*
* Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to work.*
* Contributes to identifying own development opportunities.*
* Learns and applies new skills.*
* Follows organizational standards.*
* Has sufficient communication skills for effective dialogue with customers and peers.*
* Is able to work in a team.*
* Actively understands relevant legal, legislative, and policy issues as it relates to area of responsibility.*
* Assists in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.*
* Accurately documents instances of hardware and software failure, repair, installation, and removal.*
* Recommends, schedules, and performs PC, hardware, software and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.*
* Works with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.*
* Liaises with, and provides limited training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.*
* Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.*
* Where required, installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots associated end user workstation software and networking software products.*
* Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.*
* Receives and responds to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware, software problems.*
* Develops and maintains an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.*
* Monitors and tests PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.*
* Constructs, installs, and tests customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.*
* If necessary, liaises with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.*
* Actively identifies and pursues growth opportunities, within or outside of the current team.
* Understands and practices the AtlantiCare values.*
* Adheres to AtlantiCare and AIT Policies and Procedures.*
* Follows and adheres to ITIL processes - Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.*
* Performs other duties as assigned.* WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires balancing, climbing, fingering, grasping, hearing, kneeling, reaching, reading, seeing, speaking, standing and stooping a majority of the time. The ability to carry, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs. required. Occasional driving also required. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position reports to department leadership.
Essential functions for this position are identified by an asterisk *.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the po
Apply on company website