* High School Graduate or equivalent required.
* Minimum 1 year experience in a physician's office, hospital setting or retail pharmacy required.
* Knowledge of Medical terminology required.
* Proficiency with computer applications required.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
* Ability to read, write and speak English clearly required.
* Ability to demonstrate stress tolerance coupled with service orientation required
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette to both internal and external customers is required.
The Patient Flow Scheduler coordinates inpatient and outpatient bed assignments according to algorithms, unit criteria, bed requests and hospital protocol. The Patient Flow Scheduler collaborates with nursing unit team leaders to insure accurate and timely placement of patients using the electronic bed tracking system. The Patient Flow Scheduler is responsible for highly detailed work in the registration system. The Patient Flow Scheduler provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
This position supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts and demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year experience in a physician's office, hospital setting or retail pharmacy required. Proficiency with computer applications required. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required. Ability to read, write and speak English clearly required. Ability to multi-task in a fast --paced environment required. Ability to demonstrate excellent phone etiquette required. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
Demonstrates the competencies as established on the Assessment and Evaluation Tool for this position.
Manual dexterity is required for typing and extensive use of computer systems. Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Majority of work is completed at a desk, although some standing and walking is required. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position reports to department leadership and may supervise or direct incumbents as assigned.
The above statement reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Apply on company website